A Year's Worth of Coffee Shops



For my 25th birthday, Erick gave me the thoughtful (and unconventional!) gift of a year's worth of weekly coffee shop sabbaths.  His gift was a way to encourage me to spend deep, unhurried time with the Lord, to devote a special portion of every week to prayer, the Word, reflecting, processing and writing, in an environment that he knows I love and reflect best in. He's heard me say time and time again how I would love to write more, how beneficial and good it has been for me, and he has also seen how some sort of life thing or distraction (including my own self!) has kept me from doing so. I am so thankful that, with his encouragement, I can be more intentional in devoting and protecting time to reflecting and writing again. I think I will start treasuring these weekend afternoons. :)

This is also my confession that I am frightened at the thought of starting to blog again, but also very excited because I know this discipline of writing is both good for my soul and an opportunity for me to share my Savior's grace in my life, and hopefully bless you along the way. I am also excited at the thought of being more consistent in dedicating myself to intentionally organizing the things the Lord is teaching me, in having a place to exercise and continue to foster my love of art, design, and His beauty in every day things, and a place for me to remind myself that my life is not meant to be saved up and shared in a finale of perfection, but in the daily, weekly confessions of my need of His grace in my life.

So here's to a year's worth of coffee shop sabbaths and, by His grace, more than that :) Here's to the beginning of blogging as a new wife, in a new city, a new state, and a new adventure.

1 comments:

Alvina said...

Yay coffee! Yay Jesus! Yay writing and reflections! Yay more blogging! (Not necessarily in this order.) :)

Post a Comment